First light with a newly stabilized mount was the very evening we received the spreader. At dusk we began to setup, and removed the mount from the tripod so that we could level it. We realized right away some of the benefits. Before this upgrade, we would loosen the accessory tray and unscrew the bolt that holds the mount head to the tripod. Once removed, the lack of weight would cause the tripod legs to relax and draw inward slightly. While we understand that leveling perfectly isn’t necessary we like to get as close as we can. This was a challenge with the legs moving all around as we raise this one and lower that one. In addition, after it was finally leveled and we put the mount head back on, we could feel the tripod “give” a little when the weight was applied. Like that wasn’t bad enough, after putting a scope and counterweights on, we could feel it give again! Well, that is no longer a problem! With the spreader in-place, the legs remain tensioned even after removing the mount, so we can be assured that they don’t move with the removal or addition of weight. This has a sort-of “trickle-down” effect as well. After leveling and re-attachment of the mount head, we were never assured that polar alignment would hold very well. We could level, polar align then add the scope, weights, camera, etc. and if the tripod flexed any, things could be thrown off a bit. Not much, but if you are imaging for several hours, it is enough to show up as drift and/or stacking error. Again, this proved to no longer be a problem. In fact, we had been used to a little stacking error (sometimes more than just a little), and always cropped our final image to remove it. On one target, that we spent 3 separate nights on, the stacking error was noticeably reduced on nights 1 and 2, and there was essentially NONE on night 3! This proves that the flex in the tripod legs had a direct impact on our imaging.