Sunspots & Proms 4/17/2011
We are trying to learn the best settings using our new DMK31 mono camera attached to our Lunt Solar Telescope. This image is a composite of two sets of images...one for the prominences and one for the surface. We processed the two images seperately, then combined them using a layer mask in PhotoShop. In this image, you can see a few sunspots. The two to the right form active region 1193 and the one up and to the left of those is active region 1191. We were really pleased with the prominences that came out in this image.
- Telescope: Lunt Solar Systems LS60THa/B1200CPT
- Mount: Orion Atlas EQ-G performance tuned by Astrotroniks
- Camera: Imaging Source DMK31
- Exposure: (prominences) 1/45sec. (surface) 1/455sec.
- Gain: (prominences) 260 (surface) 481
- Acquisition: IC Capture.AS (Uncompressed AVI)
- Processing: Registax 6
- Post-processing: Adobe Photoshop CS5
- Date(s): April 17, 2011